are these temps ok or should i get another rad ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

commando

Beta member

Under heavy load GPU dosnt go over 60c CPU is oc to i7 920 4.2ghz

DSCF1491.jpg
]

DSCF1501.jpg

your i7 920 is only running at 3.9GHz and it's not under any load that I can see. It looks like it's running Hot to me.

picture was taken in windows at idle thats why it only says 3.8 have intel speed step turned on or what ever it's called it's at 4.0 ghz with turbo mode turned on the max temps in the picture are with it at load cheers

ok i used prime 95 already had that on the computer these are the temps after 1 hour they are a little bit higher than i would like but since i only use the computer for playing games watching movies and music and while in games very rarely brakes 60c i am not to bothered . room temp is 27.7c . i have read that guide when i oc it i pretty much left everything at stock voltage until it became unstable then just changed what i had to tried to leave everything as close to stock voltage as possible.

sorry to small

Your screenshot is to big, I can barely make out the numbers. However your system is running way to hot especially considering you have Intel Speedstep and the Cx-Functions enabled. You've mentioned a Radiator, what are you using to cool your system? Regardless, it's only working as well as the stock heatsink or maybe marginally better. Reduce your cpu speed until your idle temps are in the high 30's or low 40's. Invest in a real cooling solution or your system will have a very reduced life expectancy.

not sure what you mean it idles in low 40s and for my every day use load is low 60s under sixy most off the time to hot ??? im confused.

firnha says as long as i am under seventy it's ok which i am ?

I'm just looking at the 1st picture you posted. It says your at .7% load and the minimun temperature acheived on core#0 is 46C and core#2 is at 47C. I can't see your screenshot of Prime95 to use it as a reference. And you should try using LinX. From what I see your running hot, especially considering that your using Speedstep and the Cx-Functions. Your system is running hotter than my air-cooled system at 4.2GHz, from the picture you provided.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom