Are these overclock temps alright?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I figured out what the problem was. I had the vcore settings on auto, and the vcores were shooting WAY up automatically. I now have the stock voltage settings on instead of auto and am at 3.1ghz with 42C load. :) I don't really know how to work the voltage settings so I can go higher, however. Can anyone link me to a guide or something so I can get the most out of this and properly set the core settings? Do I need to worry about anything but the Vcore for overclocking?

Yes as you just seen. Too much burns up. Not venough, you won't start.

YOU NOW NEED TO RUN PRIME OVER NIGHT, oops, and if it pases, lower the Vcore. If it doesn't raise it abit.

Repeat till you get your desired oc.

Alright, well, I want to keep raising my operating frequency until I reach like 55C load or something. I can't set the vcore setting on auto and then lower it because it just ramps it up too quickly. So I guess I should keep upping the frequency of the processor until it's unstable and then up the vcore?

When do I need to worry about the ram voltages? I want to hit like 3.6ghz or something. I have a LOT of headroom still.

*****E7200 overclocking: (2.53ghz stock) Currently at 3.2ghz at 1.175Vcore*****

Edit1: I just got an error at 3.1 ghz on stock voltages. I'm going to try and set the memory timings to automatic and see if the problem persists. If it does i'm going to up the voltages. I already tried upping the voltages once before, and the voltage didn't change in the temp monitoring program. I rebooted and the setting was still saved in the bios. I'm going to assume that the program is not displaying the right voltage.

Edit2: My computer just randomly restarted. I'm going to up the voltages now and turn off automatic vcore management (the Eist and C1E options under advanced options.) It would be nice to know whether or not my voltages are what I set them as.

Edit3: after slightly upping the voltage everything seems stable at 3.1ghz. I'm going to prime95 it for a while longer to see if it works. If it doesn't I'm just going to assume that it's my 480 watt PSU that can't handle the load, set the clock back to 3.04 ghz, and wait until I get my new psu to overclock more.

Edit4: after 20 minutes of testing i'm upping the clock to 3.2ghz on the same voltage.

Edit5: I'm unable to run stable at 3.2 ghz. I'm not sure if my voltage settings are sticking.

Edit 6: I upped the voltage a decent bit (to 1.165), and the system is running stable for longer. This leads me to believe that my voltage settings are indeed sticking.

Final Edit: Aight, i'm done at 3.2ghz. I went to 3.3 and couldn't boot at all, no matter how much higher i set the vcore.

You should be able to take it up to 4ghz assuming you have good cooling. My e7200 went up to 4.1ghz before the voltages got above where I wanted them.

The thing about overclocking is you increase the bus, then you check if its stable, if not you increase the voltage a bit, if its still not stable you increase it until it does, but only by small increments. Once it's stable you move the fsb up some more.

And don't set your memory to auto, you need to me making sure that it isn't making you unstable. I run my memory underclocked until I get the OC I want, then I run it back up to where I want it at.

My main problem has been getting the voltages to stick. My mobo is notorious for not saving voltage settings. I cleared the CMOS, and the voltages appear to be sticking.

I have my ram timing set at the manufacturer's specifications. I also have a ram:fsb ratio that keeps the ram operating close to 800mhz. It is DDR2 800 ram.

Alright, I'm all finished overclocking. I'm at 3.3ghz at 1.21 something vcore. Running stable at 45 minutes prime95 at 54C load. I have no desire to go any further. I think I can finally play some games now. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom