Thermal Paste or Thermal Tape

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAVID_15

In Runtime
which is better??? im thinking about getting arctic silver 5 but i dont no whats better is thermal tape any good?? whats the best thermal compound??

whoa!!!!!! thermal tape?? AS 5 is probably the best you will find ( i've heard nanotherm PCM+ is good too, but it oxidises the copper Heatsink)

Artic Silver 5 is better.
No, thermal tape is no good. It gets all sticky after a while and it's a hassle to take it off again.
The best thermal compound right now is Artic Silver 5. (IMO)

Thermal tape is the naff stuff you often find attatched to the bottom of Coolers.

Paste can be applied extremely thinly relative to tape and it doesn't have to compromise itself with being 'tape' shaped or sticky.

Paste rools UK!

ekÆsine said:
thermal tape? that must be new.

Nope, its been around for years. Its used with quite a few OEM fans/heatsinks. My OEM fan/heatsink that came with my celeron had thermal tape under the heatsink..

i actually did know what you guys are talking about, i was being sarcastic. i have only heard of those being called thermal pads, not tape...apparently they are called tape too.......

don't use termal pads or "tape", i made the mistake of using the pad that came with my heatsink...and now it is literally glued to the CPU.

Ry-box said:
don't use termal pads or "tape", i made the mistake of using the pad that came with my heatsink...and now it is literally glued to the CPU.

You can use Goo off to take it off the heatsink and acetone to take it off the cpu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom