Thermal paste or pad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

reggie_da_man

Fully Optimized
Is it better to have thermal paste or pad for athlon 64? I saw a video from AMD saying basically that a thermal pad lasts longer than thermal paste they said that if your gonna put thermal paste its for someone that replaces or removes heatsinks often...is all this true?

also is it better to have pad or paste when overclocking?

I have never heard of having to re-aply paste every so often... but don't quote me man 'cause I'm still talkin' shit....

hey hey stock aint that bad. im doin 44c under load at 2.7ghz on my 3200 with stock cooling and thats at 1.55vcore

I see what you're asking. I guess it depends. If you get an Athlon, there is a processor heat sink on there already. It looked like in the video, they were applying the gel and pad on the ACTUAL PROCESSOR. With athlon processors anyway, like my 3000+, the processor has a heatsink on it. However, you still need something between the heatsink on that, and the heatsink on the fan. Gel is the best for that. I can't answer about applying straight to the processor though, as I've never done it.

Guys..use Artic Silver 5 Paste it's the best paste out there guys.. Use Isopropyl Alcohol u can get at a chemist to clean the CPU and Heatsink..so there is no foreign particles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom