Thermal Paste

Status
Not open for further replies.

brodieman

In Runtime
I use that artic silver 5 **** and i was wondering how often you should replace it?

mine has been on for about 6 months

The only time I would ever really replace it is if you start having overheating problems and a good ol' dust-cleaning-out-of-the-case-and-heatsink-and-fan doesn't solve it.

I never replaced it. Been using it for about 6 months I think. I didn't even replace it when I swapped my CPU a few times to test motherboards. Maybe I should replace it, getting high temps lately.

only time i ever replace mine is when i take the HSF off, so mines been on for close to a year now, temps still the same.

You apply thermal paste to the CPU and the heatsink will eventually spread it out evenely over the CPU

no i mean, on the middle of the cpu, or all over it or, is the heatsink the fan alone, or some other part of the fan?

john3 said:
no i mean, on the middle of the cpu, or all over it or, is the heatsink the fan alone, or some other part of the fan?

Most people say put it in the middle of the cpu about the size of a grain of rice.

I just put some on there and spread it with a credit card.

i c. and how do u put it on the heat sink and where is the heat sink exactly, im new to mobo's/CPUS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom