Thermal Paste

Status
Not open for further replies.

PC_Caveman

In Runtime
If i upgraded to a new CPU and replaced my 2year old Arctic Silver 5 with Generic Zalman silver Thermal grease and noticed a 8-10 degree difference in my idle temps, is that all cause by using an inferior T.G.? Its not bad i just went from 18-20c idle to 28-30 idle.

I don't think you'd see those kind of temp differences with different thermal grease, however I do think AS5 is better than the Zalman stuff.

It also takes a while to burn in, and temps should drop slightly over time.

meh, regardless i will plan to clean out this Zalman stuff and drop in some AS5 soon. only costs like 6 bucks on newegg.

God does newegg rape on shipping.

Find it somewhere else or buy MX-2 from petras and get it for like $8 shipped...

If i upgraded to a new CPU and replaced my 2year old Arctic Silver 5 with Generic Zalman silver Thermal grease and noticed a 8-10 degree difference in my idle temps, is that all cause by using an inferior T.G.? Its not bad i just went from 18-20c idle to 28-30 idle.
that, or it could be partially because you didn't apply it as well as the AS5

i just dont get it, do some CPU's just run hotter? cuz i applied my AS5 and i cant notice a difference in my coretemp reading, or do i have to let it burn in.

A. are we talking about Idle or load.

B. AS5 does have a relatively long burn in/set time and needs about a week or two to reach its full potential.

C. What cpu?

D.What was your old paste?

A. Both but just my idle went up 10 degrees

B. I heard it was 200 hours

C. I went form the e6600 to the E6850

D. On my e6600 i had AS5 and idle was 18-20 Degrees, Upgraded to e6850 and used generic Zalman TP, i soon replaced it with AS5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom