Is there Programs/Tools for Overclocking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Da11en47

In Runtime
Are there any tools/programs for overclocking your computer? besides the ones in your BIOS.

Heres what I've done so far, considering I know very little about overclocking. My bios allows me to overclock 5, 10, 15 , 20 % Etc.
Very basic.

So I checked the mid range percent, so now it runs at around 3.3 GHZ
but when I check the max 20%, I think it is, the computer wont boot up. My question is is there any other way I can overclock my CPU higher with some other programs.

P.S. My CPU temperatures are idle around 44C, and I havent noticed any temperature changes when I overclock or run normally. The CPU fan is stock. Thanks

Thats a pretty high temperature for overclocking with, you may want to invest in a better air cooling or switch to water cooling. Probably the reason you cannot push any higher is becuase the processor isnt being supplied with enough voltage, you need yo increase your core votage. Please include your Processor, Motherboard and RAM types with your next post.

ClockGen is a good software overclocker www.cpuid.com

Ruan

CPU: Pentium 4, 2.8 Ghz
Motherboard: ASUS P4P800 SE
Ram: 2 GB (1 GB + 2 x 512 MB) Samsung DDR 400, PC3200

Those temps are fine so far, but keep an eye on them as you keep going. Most P4s can handle 60C easy!

Ok, clockgen doesnt seem to work for me, everytime I apply something it works fine, but whenever I restart everything I overclocked is back to default. I even hit the button "Apply current settings at startup"

So my next question is currently I can overclock 20% through my BIOS. The next step up is 30%, but that makes the computer unstable, someone said I might need to increase the voltage to the CPU??? Whats the next step I should take to get it at its max 30% Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom