thanks for the replies

Status
Not open for further replies.

lge.com.au

Solid State Member
I am currently living in Australia and computer prices are really high here! I think I can get a different brand of RAM and better HDDs but the graphics cards cost like $800-900 Australian. $AUS1=US 75c

BTW I read many reviews and most people say that ATI Radeon is better than NVIDIA cards while AMD is better than Intel. But I get different opinions from different people, a lot of people told me to get AMD but I have always used Intel Pentiums so I am still cautious about making the change. What do you guys think about AMD vs Intel?

God damn! That's a lot of money man! Anyways, did you check any like companies that deliever worldwide? Maybe newegg, etc.?

oops sorry mods can you please delete this thread, I accidently pressed the wrong buttons, i am still learning to get used to the forum layout.

lge.com.au said:
I am currently living in Australia and computer prices are really high here! I think I can get a different brand of RAM and better HDDs but the graphics cards cost like $800-900 Australian. $AUS1=US 75c

BTW I read many reviews and most people say that ATI Radeon is better than NVIDIA cards while AMD is better than Intel. But I get different opinions from different people, a lot of people told me to get AMD but I have always used Intel Pentiums so I am still cautious about making the change. What do you guys think about AMD vs Intel?

ATI's 9000 series was really good against Nvidia's 5000 series, but lately Nvidia has taken the lead with its 6000 series
you can find a 6600 GT for less than $400 and they are really good cards, a lot better than ATI's 9000 series, and often better than ATI's X800 Pro (their second best card at $700)

AMD CPU's have lower clock speeds than Intel's but still manage to perform better in gaming; they can process more instructions per clock cycle than an Intel CPU, so a lower frequency AMD CPU will match or beat an Intel CPU

I would suggest you get an Athlon 64 in socket 939, starting at 3000+ which is under $200 per CPU, to the FX-55 which is way too expensive so don't go there (over $1200)
or there is the medicore 3500+ which is around about $390 per CPU

the Pentium 4's cannot process every 32-bit instruction there is, however the Sempron's can (AMD's budget CPU)
the Athlon 64-s can process every 32-bit instruction, plus they can process 64-bit instructions, and when they do their performance should theoretically double

although currently Intel CPU's perform better when it comes to multimedia applications, like number crunching, decoding, so if that's all you're doing then a Pentium 4 in socket 775 is a good CPU to get

lge.com.au said:
oops sorry mods can you please delete this thread, I accidently pressed the wrong buttons, i am still learning to get used to the forum layout.

i would have honored that request but there is some good info for once instead of the "mine is better" bull crap that comes with questions of what people think is better

--jak

I think everyone here will without a doubt say AMD for pure gaming.. if you're into multimedia, then it's a different story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom