Thanks to all....my OCing is finally done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfenwick

Fully Optimized
Ola and gracias to all who helped me A) to put the build together and B) to OC it! I've learnt tons! And best of all, I had a blast doing it…I won't hesitate (am a bit disappointed it's done) to build another and am looking for family who want new comps at this time!

Special thanks to Nagasama who was super patient and helped out a bunch, you are the AMD guru! you ever need a place to crash in the Toronto area, give me a shout!

Here are the results of all the work, I finally cracked the 3.0 on the cpu @ 1.5V (temps below 50C @ load) and 10K on 3DMark:

CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3600+ @ 3.00Ghz
RAM: Crucial Ballistix 6400 2GB @ 846Mhz 4-4-4-12
Video: EVGA E-GEFORCE 8800GTS 320MB @ 670/1020
3DMark: Stock: 6845 – OC: 10050

Unless anyone sees any room for improvements??? I'm done for now….the RAM still has me a bit confused but ah well, it was when I tightened the timings that I finally cracked the 10k mark on 3DMark.

Quick question: you guys have been so much help I figured I'd join the folding team to return the favour as there isn't much I can do to help others with their questions. Is there any way to fold on two computers and have the scores combined to one user? For example mine and my wife's comp on my one account?

omg...Excellent overclock, and 3DMark06 score! wow...10k with a $60 processor.

Yes...you can fold as many computers, under your name. For your X2 3600+, I'd suggest you fold with SMP.

simpsons_apu.jpg

no problemo dude! dont worry about the ram stuff, you will figure it out as you go along.
just one question>
what voltage do you have running your cpu?
awesome overclock and score, by the way. i wont scratch 10K until i get a GTS...my sli 7900gs' just...cant...do..it..lol. pretty close i reckon, mid-8K.

running the CPU at 1.5, I wasn't going to go that high, was going to stop at 1.475 but I've been watching the temps, haven't seen it go over 50C over the past 4 days (since final OC)...and it's been +25C to 30C here with no AC most of the week.

should I ramp it back a bit?

yup, that's how I worked her...it was unstable just short of 3.00ghz @ 1.475V and wanted to see if I could get to 3.0 without going over 1.5 which, from what I've been reading around here seems to be the absolute recommended max for air cooled. so @ 1.5V I was just able to hit the 3.00ghz and was stable on othos over night.

nah, thats not too high...
i can set mine to 1.475 and be stable at 3.0, but to get to 3.2 i need 1.5 or 1.525, and my air flow/case doesn't cooperate too well with that. i knew i shouldve bought mgcooks af pro 7 lol...
as long as your temps are good, no problem. and there definitely isnt a problem with 50*C.
i really dont see an increase in bechmarks from 3.o to 3.2 anyways, so meh.
your ram's running 846...do you have it set to ddr2 533 or ddr2 667 in bios?
i think thats the setting for ddr2 667 but i may be mistaken.

yup, that's how I worked her...it was unstable just short of 3.00ghz @ 1.475V and wanted to see if I could get to 3.0 without going over 1.5 which, from what I've been reading around here seems to be the absolute recommended max for air cooled. so @ 1.5V I was just able to hit the 3.00ghz and was stable on othos over night.

did you try a 1.485V?

if its stable at 1.5V work your way down in increments of .005 to see when it becomes unstable. then click it up a few notches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom