Temps okay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeftEyeBlind

In Runtime
Installed SpeedFan to keep an eye on my cpu temps, but I have no idea how to read the **** thing.

So I came to the pros. :happy:

untitledxj0.jpg

Well that's speedfan for ya'.....I don't trust speedfan. They usually give outrageous numbers. Use Core Temp, for monitoring the CPU. It's much more accurate. And also Everest.

I tried out everest, It looked pretty spiffy.. But it didn't report my CPU temp anywhere.

I'll check out Core Temp.

untitledcy7.jpg

Nifty, I like it when they make sense.

I would have used the program that came with my board, but whenever I clicked the icon my machine would freeze up or reboot.

wow...Now that's just weird. Core Temp and Everest have always worked perfectly, for me. But it's matching the Core temp, with Speedfan too. You should check your BIOS, for the most accurate reading, and see if it matches.

Hows it matching? Is that bad?

btw, Before I got my new mobo/cpu I read in the newegg comments that I should update the bios because it would report the wrong temps, However the bios update program that came with the mobo would restart my machine upon me clicking the icon, I also tried to check the Biostar website for updates, but I could only find version 1.0 for download.

And my board is no longer up on newegg so I cant go back and read into those comments.

Oh...Don't trust newegg comments. A lot of them are bogus. Many are ridiculous. Check in your BIOS for the most accurate temperature reading. And report back.

Those temps are fine then. Probably the Temp1 reading in Speedfan is the CPU temperature.

Alrighty then.

Also, I noticed when I bump my frequency up in bios to get more Ghz, my computer will sometimes randomly restart? This CPU is supposed to overclock mighty well even with a stock cooler :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom