Temps ok? Seem high...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raphael Argus

Daemon Poster
Hello all,

Showing 27C on my CPU1 24c on cpu 2 and 45C on my system. Obviously that's pretty toasty for the system. What is "Core"? That shows 51C.

E6750 with Freezer Pro Cooler
(Edit)Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L
2GB Corsair DDR2 800 Ram
8800GTS 640MB
Samsung DVDRW
Audigy 2ZS
250GB WDD 39c
250GB Maxtor 35c

Centurion 5 Case
Rear 120MM exhaust, frony 80mm intake
Side 80mm exhaust

I removed and reseated the cooler twice, using Artic Silver compound. It's definitely on there good.

Are these temps ok?

Core Temp shows 18-16C on both cores

Speed Fan, BIOS, and the Easy Tune software show the above readings.

System is running well, and feels cool to me.

Case fans spinning between 1300-1500 CPU fan is 2800-3000RPM. This is a new build, and would like to make sure all is well.

I always liked Core Temp for its simplicity, someone told me to add 15 to coretemp and that was probably what I would be at, and that would be reasonable.

Side Panel removed temps drop drastically:

Core 1: 27c
Core 2: 22c
HDD1: 29c
HDD2: 35C
Core: 45C
System 27c

Any feedback is appreciated

i recently had this problem aswell. try cleaning out your dust filters on your fans . if that dosnt work make sure all your case cables are all wrapped up with so they dont restrict airflow. are you able to fit a 120mm fan as the intake fan?

Yes, Idle temps. Load only goes up a few degrees.

With panel off the side, temps are fine.

It's a new build, so no dust.

PC feels very cool even with panel on. Something doesn't seem right because everything is running extremely well and only my video card seems to be producing heat. Could these numbers all be off? XP reprts my CPU is running at 2.6ghz as it should. The easy tune software also showed it at 2.6ghz.

Something just doesn't seem right. I know on my last E6600 build I could only find one program to accurately read CPU temps and that was core temp, most other programs showed 0 degrees.

I wonder it's a BIOS flash issue, I see they make a revesion 2 of this board, I have rev 1. I hate bios flashes, had one bad flash that has haunted me and sine everything SEEMS to be working well, I hate to mess with it.

So when speedfan lists Core 1, and 2, what isjust plain "Core"? Is that literally the inner core of the processor? If so, it would make sense why that is so hot. I know the 1 and 2 are for the dual core CPU, just unsure about "core".

Idle temps under 30 are great. People seriously need to stop freaking out about temps. FWIW, speedfan is usually 15C too low. Coretemp is almost always the most accurate program to use.

I agree, my temps are OK with the panel off, but seemed high with them on.

I have no idea what "core" is. When I see that number much higher then anything else it just made me want to ask here. BIOS shows all temps are fine, but they still seem lower then what I would expect.

So my two last questions:

1. What does "core" mean in speedfan? (I show my two CPU cores and then just a straight "CORE" at the bottom above ambient temp)

2. Do CPU's do anything to protect themselves if they do get too hot? Throttle or anything?

Thanks for the help.

Yes the new core2's will throttle if they get too hot. If your temps are higher with the side panel on, you probably need to do some wire management and get a good intake/exhaust fan circulation setup.

Trying to understand SpeedFan, is the item labled "core" referring to my 8800GTS core? If so, I know that will run hot and all my temps should be in check. I have core 1, core 2, then one simply labled "core". Obviously the 1st two refer to the dual cores of the CPU.

Thanks for any help, if core is my 8800 I'm ok.

Ignore the post, I have everything figured out. The high temp was for my video card, so all the temps are fine. I also popped in a 120mm front fan to replace the 80mm intake, and added a 120mm side fan exhaust to replace the 80mm and it made a huge difference. Can really feel the air circulating now. Guess the 80mm fans are pretty weak!

Thanks for the help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom