Temps for Intel 3.0 ghz cpu

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2.6 OC to 3.0 and I stay around 90-100F (While im playing doom 3 it gets a tad hotter :p ). If I remeber correctly before I water cooled my system my processor stock would run around 85F. So what im getting at i guess is 40 - 50C is normal temp for a P4.

Yes what is the secret to everyones lower temps? Is it mainly relating to the actual room temp? Where I live it is on avg 115 degrees and inside the house/room it is about 70 degrees.

I have a 3.0GHZ prescott when stock idle/full was 47C/60C. Whats weird is when I overclocked it the temps stayed damn near the same. I found a stable 3.31GHZ that idles at still 47C/65C.

I three exhaust fans, stock HSF, one intake fan (no more slots in the case for any intake fans). Am I just screwed since I live in a hot climate?

Win2kpatcher said:
Yes what is the secret to everyones lower temps? Is it mainly relating to the actual room temp? Where I live it is on avg 115 degrees and inside the house/room it is about 70 degrees.

I have a 3.0GHZ prescott when stock idle/full was 47C/60C. Whats weird is when I overclocked it the temps stayed damn near the same. I found a stable 3.31GHZ that idles at still 47C/65C.

I three exhaust fans, stock HSF, one intake fan (no more slots in the case for any intake fans). Am I just screwed since I live in a hot climate?
Prescotts are known for overheating and room temp does affect the temp of the cpu. As long as it doesn't get over 65 its fine as the cpu has an autmonic shut down systme at 75 whitch is close to there melt point. You have a long way to go

Have you tried lapping the heat sink and going with a better thermal paste. I have a 2.8HT that idles between 93 and 97. It gets about 115 when I'm gaming. That's after I lapped the heat sink and applied some good silver thermal paste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom