temps good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

b1gapl

Mod Emeritus
I just finished putting together a 3700+, 1gb ram, and a 7600GT. I used everest to monitor temps.

CPU:
idle - 32C
load - the highest i've ever seen it is at 41C

GPU:
idle - 42C
load - highest i've seen was 48C

Now my computer has only been running since last night. Are these accurate? And once everything settles in, will the temps go up?

for sure, looks perfectly ok for that hardware.

although, just a note, highest you've seen won't be the max temp. it'd be safe to assume the cpu gets between 41 and 50 at heavy load, and the GPU anything up to 60C would be normal.

but yes, as i said everything is fine, no worries with temperature for that system.

So based on those temps, would you say alot of headroom for overclocking for the CPU? The 7600GT I have is the XXX edition 590/1600. I thought the temps would be much higher since it's overclocked. You think I can push it a little further? Thanks for replies.

well not a lot of headroom, but some. I assume its all stock cooling? if so, buying aftermarket heatsinks etc for cpu and graphics card would be worthwhile. then you have more headroom where temperature is concerned, and its more about the specific chip you have as to how much you can overclock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom