Temps go down right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepsiboy700

Fully Optimized
Ok just installed my new case and such parts. Got a new cooler for video card and replaced the thermal paste on cpu as well. Both are running about 5 degrees celcius higher. It has only been running for 5 minutes but has been sitting for about 12 hours not powered on. Will the temps go down and how long will this take? Also has the fact I now have a closed case make temps higher even though I bought high power fans?

What thermal paste did you install? Which video card cooler did you install? Thermal paste usually takes about 200 hours to set in. What you fan setup like?

You might want to turn on the computer overnight so it can settle in and stuff instead of leaving it off :classic:

Ok vf900 with zalman paste, Ok I will leave it on. I have the thermaltake saprano with 2 silverstone 120's at 110cfm and a thermaltake 90 at 75cfm. Decent cooling with air conditioned room at about 70 degrees. How tight should the cooler be on card anway?

Nah not to tight. if you go way to tight it will start to bend. Go snug and line it up and see if its straight.

well, they need some thermal cycles, so it does need some time off. thats what it says on AS5 anyway.

Did you spread it on evenly?

Also, how much did you use? you really dont need much .. if you put too much on it can make things worse...

Closing the case is better than having an open case...your exhaust fans would not be taking out overheated air but would be taking out air at random...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom