Temps...

Status
Not open for further replies.

carnageX

Private Joker,
Staff member
Well, I'll start my ownthread so I don't have to hi-jack somebody else's thread. Anyway, here's an estimate of my temps:

Idle:
27-30 with CoreTemp/Everest (average of 27 in BIOS)

Load (during game):
58-62

Load (running Orthos for a half-hour, blend-test):
Reached 75 (I know that's not good at all >.<

I have an e6750 @ stock settings, with an Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro. I didn't apply any thermal paste on my own, because I was told it's not necessary, because the ACF7 already has MX-1 pre-applied on the thermal pad. Also, there were some fan settings in the BIOS that are enabled (the fan on the hs/f doesn't spin until it needs to), but this shouldn't affect it, should it? Could the cause be a hs/f not properly seated? If it's not, and I have to re-seat it...should I wipe the pre-applied thermal grease off and apply some AS5?

E6750 @ 75C load. That's pretty high, how long have you had the AF7? Wait, there's an option that turns off the HSF when it's not needed? No no, you always have to let the HSF run.

Yeah, it's in my BIOS, but I'm not sure what to set it at. It's called Smart FAN Control Method, and the options are: Auto, Intel QST, Legacy, or Disable. Should I just set it to disable?

And I've had the AF7 since I built my PC...which would be about 2 weeks ago or so.

ya dude that is really high, i have a E6650 and load temp reached 52C w/STOCK cooler.
so ya i think you might have to apply some thermal paste.

The AF7 has MX-1 pre-applied to it. So should I just wipe that off of the CPU/AF7 with isopropyl alcohol and a coffee filter (only non-lint thing we probably have laying around this house), and then apply some AS5 (I made sure to get some on my last order from Newegg)?

I got my e6550 with the tuniq tower @3.4ghz and cpu volt at 1.4. My load temps dont get over 52...you got a problem there buddy.

You should always re apply thermal paste when reseating the heat sink.

And cleaning it off with isopro...is good.

Ok...I just turned off the Smart FAN control in the BIOS...and I ran Orthos again for about 10 minutes. Temps were much better this time around... Highest I saw my temps reach in CoreTemp was 59, and that was just for a few seconds, was staying closer to 54-56.

Should I still clean off the HS/F and the CPU, and re-seat the heatsink?

Ok...I just turned off the Smart FAN control in the BIOS...and I ran Orthos again for about 5 minutes. Temps were much better this time around... Highest I saw my temps reach in CoreTemp was 59, and that was just for a few seconds, was staying closer to 54-56.

make sure load temps dont go over 65...
since you have everything on stock with the acfp, it shouldnt even go past 55.

What case do you have and hows your wire management?

I have an Antec 900...but wiremanagement is well...crap xD. So that could also be a factor... wires from my PSU are in front of the HDD cage fans (didn't look for a modular one, which I now regret >.<).

post pics...
wire management shouldnt be a huge factor for bad temps.
Just reseat your hsf...make sure to remove current pase...wipe it off from the hsf and the cpu, make sure the surface is clean and then put the hsf back on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom