temperture, question

Status
Not open for further replies.

harley88

Baseband Member
hello

i was wondering if one of you fine fellers could help this old man out. i am a what you call a pc dummy.
i have a old pent 111,866, intel cpu just how hot is to hot for this pc. i have a intel active monitor and it says that the system zone
is running 95-99 degrees fahrenheit when messing around internet, it has got as hot as 122 degress while playing cfs2.
help me out if you can
thanks much
harley

ThatÂ’s not too bad really, about 50 degrees C, Hotter than I would expect a modern Pentium to run at but still not critical. If it gets up towards 140/150 degrees Fahrenheit, then think seriously about cooling.

It may be time to think about improving the case airflow, and maybe reseating the CPU heatsink. If itÂ’s a few years old, it would be worth cleaning the accumulated dust and other rubbish out of the fan filters and heatsink fins.

Eagle

thanks for the reply, i just cleaned this old thing with air compresser, yea this pc is at least five years old . going to have another one built in april, just trying to keep this one running until then.
thanks again
harley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom