Temperatures during DVD Burning

Status
Not open for further replies.

KornNut

In Runtime
I have an "Intel active Alert" which monitors temperatures of the buses and the processor to make sure that it does not get too hot. This program was given with the motherboard when I built the PC. Whenever the PC gets too hot, the active alert tells you that the processor is getting too hot and needs to cool down.

Whenever i am burning a DVD, the alert goes off and tells me that the processor is too hot (about 63 degrees C).

My processor is very similar to the following:

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=19-116-185&depa=1

My computer, heatsink and fan are all dust free.

Does this occur to any one else?

Should I be concerned?

When I built an AMD64 system for a guy he had a DVD burner and I was testing it out and his got up to like 70C , I had to reseat the heatsink and it got cooler temperatures, but still....it uses a lot of CPU power and indeed run up the temps like prime95 was running or something

63C is pretty hot though for a P4 I thought, but I don't know enough about the various intel processors and cores to give you a definitive answer.

i have an intel system and when i burn dvds it never seems to affect my cpu temps much maybe a couple of degress if that. i would try to get my temps down before burning any more dvds cause thats pretty hot for an intel processor. what heatsink/fan combo are you using? maybe you might want to upgrade to a better setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom