Temperature too high!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I have exactly the same problem as stephenace, and I'm really ready to suspect that the AMD stock cooler is the problem here... It was installed, together with my AMD Athlon XP 2400+ on another motherboard, which was so unstable and crappy, that I decided to by an ASUS A7V600... So, I removed what remained of the thermal glue off of the CPU and heatsink, and installed it on my brand new beautiful motherboard.. The entire thing runs darn fine and stable, it's just that those temps definitely worry me.. Indeed, my CPU easily climbs to sixty degrees, just being idle, and whenever I play a game or do any CPU stressing activities, it may even rise to a whopping 68 degrees.. I constantly watch the temps with ASUSProbe and I cannot help but worry.. I bought a cheaper cooler just yesterday, but I think this one is even crappier because it seems to make the CPU heat even more.. By the way, I also used Artic Silver, this couldn't have an overheating effect on the CPU, right?? The airflow in my casing is perfect, because it is the same one as before, and on my crappy motherboard, my CPU used to be turning at 45 degrees max. when stressed.. What do you consider to be viable options??

I never use the stock fan/heatsink that comes with retail versions. I use coolermaster setups & they work really well. Just an idea but try stripping the sides off your case & point a fan right into it & see if the temps drop on your Asus monitor. That 65c is too hot.

The oddest thing.. Took off one side-plate, and even without a fan pointing on it the temperature goes down to 48 degrees (idle).. I will now test Call of Duty to see to what heights it goes...

Well then it seems your box is just too hot. BTW try the fan anyway just to see how far you can get it to drop.

Don't really have a fan, just tested Call of Duty, and the temp goes to 53 degrees max.. I'll see if I can borrow a fan anywhere around, otherwise you probably recommend me getting a casefan or two?? I'm thinking about changing the stock cooler in any case, either to Artic or Coolermaster.. Which gives me the best performance?? And concerning a case fan, what amount and which ones would you recommend??

I like Coolermaster & Use the Vantec Casefans 80m. Here's the link for coolermaster. I'm sure there will be some other ideas coming along. http://www.coolermaster.com
I've got 2 case fans in the back,2 in the front & 1 on the side, not counting the ones on the PSU. Just trying to keep it COOL!:cool:

I just dissassembled this cheap ass cooling block, and took the top fan off of it, which is exactly the size of a regular case-fan.. I mounted it in one of the case-fan holes available, plugged it onto my motherboard, and that thing is running, but hell it makes lots of noise!! The temps are far more reasonable right now.. The CPU is going at around 43 degrees idle, and 46 to 48 degrees stressed at a max.. The only thing is, the case is still open... Although now I do get the idea that much of the cold air is even blown out of the case, so closing it would perhaps even reduce the temps even more.. What do you think??

Try closing the case & see if the temps go up, But ya should get a better Fan/Heatsink Combo. Let us Know how it turns out Dude:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom