Temp Specs and altenitive cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spend

Beta member
I'm helping a friend resolve some issues I'm sure revolves around heat issues.
His Current PSU is extreamly filty inside. Also he turned the fan around inside so the PSU so that it pulling air from the outside in. I'm sure the PSU has capacitor issues. With that being said, I'm replacing the said PSU with a known working PSU.
The PC is a Pavilion XE783. The processor is a Intel (R) Celeron 700 MHz processor (socket 370).
At what temp should the normal range be for the Celeron 700 MHz processor (socket 370)?
This particular model has to be one of the tighest PC's I've worked on when it comes to getting your hands inside to perform a task. For most funtions you have to dismantel this, that and the other.
The Motherboard manufacturer's name: ASUS CUW-AM and HP/Compaq name: Amberine-GL6E. This particular motherboard has CPU and power supply fan connectors (3-pin CPU_FAN, PS_FAN). According to HP support, the Pavilion XE783 has no temp. input sensors.
The tower is so tiny that an additional 80mm fan in the rear or one in the front can't be done. There is the option of a side mount fan I suppose. However, the draw back to this, is, the case cover is a one piece unit and therefore would require an addition amount of length of wire so the cover removal would be possible.
Any Ideas on alternitive cooling would be helpful.
I'm assuming there's noway to gauge the temp with having processor a sensor short of installing some sort of manual didgital aftermarket thermometer. If I did that, it would need to look professional.
Thx.

It amazes me how the temp. specs. elude myself and others. One things for sure, if it's the power supply not ommiting the correct voltage this new one ought to rectify that problem,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom