Temp monitoring

Status
Not open for further replies.
i highly doubt that's correct. If it were then your puter probably wouldn't be running.

If you have a multimeter handy you could always check though.

dunno...my bios was totally wrong.

Said my 12v was 11.88v which was a bit alarming...plugged my multimeter in and it read 12.06v

doesnt higher amperage mean more resistance meaning greater loss in voltage though? (hence why the national grid runs of 300000v not 240v).

Anyhow, i dont really think it will make that much of a difference tbh. Im sure your system can cope with 11.88v rather than 12.06...there is only a very small difference.

i know that much, but more amps mean more heat buildup does it not?

this would result in p.d. loss because energy is lost heating the wires (if there is more current), so ok its not really resistance that increases, but the higher the current the more voltage is lost as heat (current is never lost, heat always is)

To prove this, we did an experiment in physics 2 years ago, where we ran a low voltage along a thin wire to a bulb, and the wires lost most of the energy because of the relatively high current, but when we used transformers to raise the voltage tenfold (thus there was a tenfold drop in current) then very little voltge was lost, thus proving that the amount of energy lost is proportional to the current (as well as resistance, thickness of wire etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom