The Tech Forums Official Crysis [Warhead] GPU Benchmark Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Tech Forums Official Crysis GPU Benchmark Thread

welp this test has shown crysis doesnt give a crap about 4 cores

very intense gpu bound test that disreguards he cpu... i see dual cores scoring as much as quads

and you need to paste the lil log krazyq

welp this test has shown crysis doesnt give a crap about 4 cores

very intense gpu bound test that disreguards he cpu... i see dual cores scoring as much as quads

and you need to paste the lil log krazyq

dude, I don't think it has anything to do with 2 or 4 cores, the game is GPU intensive because it's strongest and most overwhelming trait is the graphics. A 2.4GHz Q6600 will perform just as well as a 3.6GHz Q6600 in Crysis, that's not a lack of quad-core support, that just means that it doesn't need that much CPU power for whatever reason, unless a specific area has a massive amount of physics going on.. you there's also a Crysis CPU benchmark, right? This benchmark we're running is specifically called a GPU benchmark! :D

Twizted_3kgt
Q6600 @ 3.51GHz
8800GT 512MB @ 720/1050
XP 32bit

Crysis.jpg

For the next update.

how is the 680i LT treating you.. i see its really cheap.. and gets the job done.. but only has 2 pci-e slots :( ... i really wanted to try Tri-sli.. but i don't think thats ever gonna happen..

gimme the run down whenever you post again

how is the 680i LT treating you.. i see its really cheap.. and gets the job done.. but only has 2 pci-e slots :( ... i really wanted to try Tri-sli.. but i don't think thats ever gonna happen..

gimme the run down whenever you post again

So far so good, like you said, gets the job done. Good BIOS with a backup bios so you don't have to go through reseting the cmos if you do something it doesn't like. Can unlink the fsb from the ram so you can overclock to w/e you want without worrying about ram speed. Sli is almost a waste of money as is (doesn't actually double your performance....yet), I wouldn't think about tri until they fix bi.

So far so good, like you said, gets the job done. Good BIOS with a backup bios so you don't have to go through reseting the cmos if you do something it doesn't like. Can unlink the fsb from the ram so you can overclock to w/e you want without worrying about ram speed. Sli is almost a waste of money as is (doesn't actually double your performance....yet), I wouldn't think about tri until they fix bi.

okay.. i'm highly considering getting the 680i LT since tri sli is out of the question for me... and i don't feel like paying the premium for the A1 revision

and everythign you stated is also the same for my asus mobo.. i've never seen so many overclocking features.. but they're all useless when it comes ot the quad cores w/ this board....

okay.. i'm highly considering getting the 680i LT since tri sli is out of the question for me... and i don't feel like paying the premium for the A1 revision

and everythign you stated is also the same for my asus mobo.. i've never seen so many overclocking features.. but they're all useless when it comes ot the quad cores w/ this board....

Yeah plus with the 680i LT your pci-e slots will both run at x16/x16 when under sli-mode, rather than the x8/x8 the way your board splits them now. That was the main reason I bought this board over a 650i or other lower ones.

680i LT "sucks" on a quad...you can't adjust MCP SPP and HT to get a better OC

680i LT "sucks" on a quad...you can't adjust MCP SPP and HT to get a better OC

True you can't adjust those, but I haven't had to. The only thing limiting me from 3.6ghz is my VID being 1.3125v and not 1.2v, and me not wanting to put over 1.5v into the Vcore. Even then I could game all day at 3.6ghz, just not Prime stable. Otherwise it doesn't suck at all. It might suck if Nvidia claimed it was their best overclocking board...but it does exactly what it was made for, a good overclock, x16/x16 sli, and at a low price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom