Takin the opty up a notch

Status
Not open for further replies.
okay, i got it at 2.8 now, voltage at 1.46, need to test to see if stable, probably run something while i'm sleeping tonite... need to check temps in bios first, see idling speed, i'll be back with that

okay, i'm back, i managed to bring it down to 1.44, i'm idoling at 34 degrees celcius, seems nice to me, and i bought the clock up to 2.85, just so i could say i'm outdoing a fx 57 :p , htt 280, ram at 280... har, i actually notice a difference with the .25 ghz, things seem to load faster, feels nice, anywho, time to test for stability

womp womp... 2.85 was already unstable.... dropped it to 2.81 and upped the vcore back to 1.46, so far so good.. although its only been like 5 min using 100 % of the cpu.. doing that factoring thing along with aim and obviously using this forum here :p

1.55 is the highest i would go on air.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

When your X2 4400+ was at 1.67V :laughing:

Anyways good job with your OC, hopefully you can reach 3Ghz before you just reach a dead wall

well, i left it on overnight running the factoring program and all seems to be well, my windows media player is still running so i'm happy :) , i will check temps under full load and see if i can still take this up a notch, try and get to 3 ghz. what program could i use to see cpu temperatures???

*edit*

well i'm at 47 degrees celcius... kick it up a notch???? or not... it ran stable 6 hours under 100 % circumstances

okay, i left it on while i was at schoo at 100% once again, still at 47 degrees full load, i have just a bit more left for overclocking, i just may try for 3.0 ghz... but first i may want to get some as5 and a new heatsink, as well as a 80 mm intake fan

wow, dang nice, i don't think i can do much higher with this stock hsf though, and no aid of as5, cuz i'm pretty sure i'd have to up the voltage just a tad... and i didnt know while i was going at school, but when i got home from school.... and temperatures didnt change around here since 9 in the morn, so i would assume its been around the same temp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom