Baseband Member
First, here's my specs:

AMD Athlon XP 3000+
MSI K7N2 Delta-L
512MB Kingston RAM
80GB WD Hard Drive
ATI Radeon 9200
M-Audio Revolution 7.1

I have one fan in the front and one on the side pulling cool air in.
Two fans in the back and one on top blowing hot air out.

The utility that came with my mobo is PC Alert and it says that my cpu temp is anywhere from 47 C (idle) to 62 C (max load).

Sandra Professional states almost the same temps.

Motherboard Monitor 5 however states:
Case = 33 C
CPU = 30 C
Sensor = 30 C

I'd like to belive that the last one is accurate (for obvious reasons!). My system performs like a champ and I've never had anything strange happen while using it, even for long periods of time. Should I or shouldn't I be concerned about this?

62 is pushing it. What do PC Alert and Sandra say about your ambient?

If ambient is low (25-35) and processor is 45-65 you may consider a better heatsink/fan. But 62 aint gonna kill you, just keep a keen eye.

yea 62 is alittle high... Eaither u have a big cooling problem or that thing is screwed up. Probley screwed up becuase if u said it performs like a champ then i would say its fine.

Here's a little more background info:

I built a system last August that had all the same components except the processor was an AMD 2400+ and it was a different case (only 2 case fans). PC Alert posted the exact same temps.

So I added a 3rd case fan....no change.

The system ran great with no problems. Then I upgraded the processor to the AMD 3000+ and since I was doing that, I figured I'd get this case with 5 fans. I also bought the best cpu fan the computer store had (can't remember name off-hand). But it was huge and it moves a hell of alot of air. I can't belive that the temps would stay the same.

Has anyone here had anything like this? Anyone used PC ALert or Sandra or Montherboard Monitor 5?

hmm i have never used PC Alert however i use MBM 5,
make sure that its taking the cpu temperature from the diode inside the processor itself. What temp does your bios say???

Just checking that you used thermal interface material such as AS5??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom