System super unstable, i just dont know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
does every motherboard have a way to lock/set the agp and pci all i found on mine is the voltage for agp i found nothing on pci.

does every motherboard have a way to lock/set the agp and pci all i found on mine is the voltage for agp i found nothing on pci.
No you have to have a motherboard that's basically designed for OC'ing like the NF7-S v2....yours is just a generic mobo that's made to run at stock so since you can't keep your AGP at 66MHz then you're pretty much SOL when it comes to raising the FSB

alright iv known my motherboard was a peice of shit since about a day after i bought it but is that the probleim why my system is unstable because i run the fsb at 166 and the ram at 166.

what im trying to say is would you sugest getting a new motherboard and if so what board do you think is amazing for an athlon xp 2600+ (333fsb)
the only other thing is i want it to be atx not micro and it has to support agp 8x.

oh snap lol, I thought he WAS overclocking that's the only reason I said it haha.....

So what PSU and how strong is it anyway

Don't double post please.

Yeah, put aside like 75 bucks or so and get a Thermaltake, they're cheap and perform pretty well for their price, 15amps isn't that strong for the 12v rail and I'm willing to bet that 500w is the peak output of that PSU.

Thermaltake 480w butterflys are like 18a on the +12v rail I believe....last time I checked the Thermaltake 560w which I have (22a +12v rail) was still like $100 but I think now you could probably get an antec with more than that on the +12v rail although 22a seems to be suiting me just fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom