System specs and BF2 settings

Status
Not open for further replies.
i heard that BF2 actually doesnt use the whole 2GB's it uses around 1280, but usual peopel just use 1.5GB

why are you laughing at me, do i care if you sold your system?

well no matter having 2gigs of memory or not its best to stop all your back grounds tasks before running bf2. or anyother games. accept like halo lol and san andreas lol.

burned-ati said:
well no matter having 2gigs of memory or not its best to stop all your back grounds tasks before running bf2. or anyother games. accept like halo lol and san andreas lol.

Most people I know do not stop any background programs when they play games.

Well I overclocked my Sapphire X800GTO to "performance" settings with a little program that came with the driver CD called "Trixx". Memory Clock now runs at 573.75, and VPU Clock now runs at 490.50. I set video settings to default in BF2 then hit apply and now I run most at high settings with 1024x768 at 85hz. A lot nicer, with very few lag spikes that go away once the game is 1-2 minutes old.

In the systray I was running mIRC, Vent, Trixx, and xfire. Off/On it seemed the same after the OC.

Can't your video card unlock to and X850XT?
The Saphire x800GTO2 is the only card guranteed to flash and unlock to XTPE speeds...it's totally up in the air for any other card

BF2 can run fine with 1GB...especially on an AMD64 system with LDT bus

I am running 1.5gig of 3x512 PC2700 Kingston valueram. I have a 9800XT and run the game 6xAA, 16xAF, max settings @ 1024x768. Same for HL2. Im also running dual channel. As long as the memory is matched (like mine is thanks to my teacher) it will run in dual channel. Believe me if i had 4 slots (like on my DFI) i would run 2gig on this machine.

shoulda whent with a nvidia 6 series. x800 sucks ass in my opinion. cant even play aoe 3 in 3d thats sad. and u can play it fine with one gig plus the game isnt even that great so if its worth another 80$ on top of the 50 for the game and the 200$ for the card or whatever it was is it really worth it? its just 1 gam that isnt all that great.

Well with my card I've never had a problem running a game with setting all max out except for FEAR, and thats do to the fact that I don't have 2 gigs of ram
I have a Radeon X800 XT, and there is no complaints yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom