System normal temp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gq-Souljah

Baseband Member
Im running on a AMD Athlon 2500+(barton) and a Asus A7N8X-X and was wondering if my temperature was high or average...

CPU
Idle - 45-47 Celcius
Not Idle = 48-52 Celcius

Motherboard
35 Celcius

Im using the Asus Probe program to check these temperatures.. are these accurate?

thanks

That seems high to me. My buddy's computer runs at about 23c to 30c, but he does have an obsene amount of fans.

I have 1 side of the case off with a optional fan blowing inwards.. should i make it face outwards? or just leave it?

Anything in the low 50s under load is still normal... but your motherboard's system temperature does seem a bit high, indicating that you may have an airflow problem.

Along with that intake fan you have, you should mount an exhaust fan through the back of the case.

Can someone tell me where I can find what temp my cpu is running at. I went into system info and couldn't find it. This is all new to me and my computer fan seems to be getting louder at times then if I shut it down and let it cool off it quiets back down.
I also dont know what size fan I have and what is best to have in there, I see alot of people on here seem to think 80mm is good if I am understanding correctly.

Gq-Souljah said:
you check your temperatures in your bios...

... or from a system monitor if your motherboard supports it. Read your mobo documentation to find out.

i have a 2500 barton with a7n8x deluxe with 5 fans and arctic silver ceramic(sp?) paste. you are getting about the same temps i get without any fans running. my 5 case fans seem to lower temps by 10C.

maybe you haven't enough ventilation, need a better heatsink/fan, or you are using low- quality thermal paste. it does sound a bit warm since your hardware is esentially the same as mine. but still it should not be too much of a problem

edit
fixed sentences so they make sense :/

Interesting articles regarding water cooling and ducting air to the CPU at
www.overclockers.com

Also searched Google for:

AMD 2500 barton temp range

And found a few threads (first two screens) that claimed success at lowering temps from the levels you quoted you are running.

My own experience is with a 2.8 P4 and may not be as important as those with your own processor.
Had to remove an Abit IS7 MB to return it. Replaced with an Asus P4P800 Deluxe. Only other change was removing the Intel Thermal Pad and using Arctic Silver III with the same stock Intel Heatsink and fan. CPU temps went from 45-50 C down to 34-39C. The Arctic Silver literature states you should expect 2 degrees or more improvement after 200 hours of operation. Looking forward to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom