Swiftech H20-120T TEC Liquid Cooling Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trotter

Grandfather of Techist, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
From the article posted on xtremeresources.com:
Water cooling was unknown to the majority of computer users a few years ago. Within a single year, it went from a hardcore enthusiast o_nly cooling method to the mainstream market with many companies releasing some kind of a liquid cooling kit. There are hundreds of those kits around now, ranging from basic water cooling kits that can barely maintain a decent temperature to well-designed water cooling kits that can maintain operating temperatures near the environment temperature with ease. However all of them have the same problem; their cooling capability is limited by the laws of nature, where not a single o_ne of them can lower the temperatures below the temperature surrounding the radiator. Swiftech, o_ne of the oldest and most reputable cooling products manufacturers in the US, offers the enthusiast something different, stronger than the rest, able to lower the temperatures of your CPU way below ambient temperatures, the H20-120T Thermoelectric Series Liquid Cooling kit.
http://www.xtremeresources.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Reviews&file=index&req=showcontent&id=62

Basicly, this is a water-cooling system that has a Peltier plate between the water block and the CPU.

The cost is said to be around $170, according to theinquirer.net, who had the link to the review.

Read through the review. They take a Pentium 4 LGA775 530 (Prescott), and run it at 3.0GHz. At full load, it was cruising at 17C. They pumped the CPU up to 4.2GHz, and it was running at 39C under load.

yeah I've searched info for that swiftech TEC block before....but with the right setup they can easily go sub zero temps, but honestly they are more of a pain in the ass than it's worth......they suck up a LOT of power

It wouldn't bother me if it sucked up half the power in the grid.

At $170, this thing is just a step below phase-change. If I were into overclocking as hard as some are around these parts, I'd jump all over this, PATA or not.

Chilled liquid cooling seems like a lot more of a hassle than ambient warer cooling IMO, if you're looking for subzero temperatures you may as well stick with phase change. Ambient water cooling is more than enough for me, I just need to maintain 40s and such and I'll be satisfied with that.

Shit, I think that looks f**kin sick! For $170, man, I want it! I might actually think about that shit since I haven't bought my Tower112 yet. Hmmmm....decisions decisions. The best part would be my wife would think I was completely freakin' nutz!! :D

At $170, this thing is just a step below phase-change.
Nah dude it's not even close really. They are showing temps of 17C which don't get me wrong are good, but phase change is -40 pretty and subzero temps at all times lol.

You could actually build a better setup using a good water block, a piece of copper for the cold plate and a high wattage pelt, but they have a tendency to die easily, suck up a LOT of power and just aren't really worth it for practical uses.

Hey, it's not like my system would notice the difference (check my sig).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom