Swiftech Apogee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting read...I personally have the MCW6002 and don't have any problems with it, and don't think I'll be replacing it for a while...I was originally going to get the TDX but I found the MCW6002 for much cheaper, and I also got the general consent that the MCW performed better under low flow conditions which I think is a nice advantage

I like the low profile of the Apogee though...I would assume that takes some weight off your socket bracket and motherboard which is always nice

I wouldn't say weight on the socket is of any concern with water cooling...the blocks in general aren't that heavy compared to the massive freakin heatsinks they've got for air solutions these days. Beyond that you got the hoses on your block which in some instances (like mine) will actually be taking off a lot of the downward weight.

Anywho, one thing I keep seeing about this block is 'Keeps manufacturering costs down'.......welllll it basically seems like all their effort is going into manufacturering costs which in turn is butchering performance. They claim it to be able to outperform the storm block!? Hardly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom