Supposed to Run In Sli but no dice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RicoDirenzo

Fully Optimized
I have acquired, after buying a BFG 9800 GTX+OC 1gig card, a PNY 9800 GTX+ 512mb card. These are the same GPU but the clock speeds are slightly different. I have them installed on an EVGa 780i and both cards are recognized by XP Pro 32bit, SP3. These are supposed to run in Sli but when bridged......no Sli. ???????. I contacted BFG and they said they should run in Sli so what am I doing wrong?

How do you know they aren't running in SLI? Sounds like you connected the SLI bridge which is a must.

Open up your Nvidia control panel. You may have to enable SLI in there.

slivisual_2.jpg

Thanks, but that option doesn't show up in the control panel. These cards have Sli connections in two places for Tri Sli and I have tried a single bridge in both slots and have use the tri sli connector as well (although I can't imagine that would work wihtout three cards). I'm scratchin' my head!!!

You have the most updated drivers? Also, are you sure they are not running in SLI? I know that option doesn't always show up in NCP. Test out your games and see if you get better FPS with the two cards bridged than without the sli bridge.

I should also point out that SLI is not really meant to boost your total FPS. It is meant to "maintain" steady FPS when the system gets extra stressed. You should still see an FPS boost with SLI, but it is most noticeable where the graphics get really demanding. With one card, the FPS may sharply decline in that heavy action spot, but with SLI it should help you maintain the steady FPS even in these high demanding sections.

Might sound silly but have you restarted the system after connecting the sli bridge?

Had the same problem untill i restarted then it said i had sli capible cards and took me in to set them up.

Might sound silly but have you restarted the system after connecting the sli bridge?

Had the same problem untill i restarted then it said i had sli capible cards and took me in to set them up.

Thanks, I have tried reboot, reinstalling the drivers from Nvidia etc. It's weird because the chipset is the same. I may uninstall all of the Nvidia drivers and then use driver cleaner and do a fresh start.....I have a copy of Vista Home Premium but I have been reluctant to install Vista. Do I lose all my data if I install vista? Thanks! Are you a musician? I'm a keyboard, bassist and vocalist!

try switching the SLI bridge around, like putting it on the front fingers and then try putting it on the back fingers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom