***Super Pi Rankings **

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be going away for some convention this dude I know helped organized for a week, hopefully I can get my hands on a pelt and see if I can bench mine at 3GHz+, I'm more interested in seeing how high the 6800GT will go though.

psht, you won't need a pelt to bench it at 3GHz, you got a week 15 you lucky bastard...most all of those are hitting really good OC's....2.8GHz is pretty much a given with those from what I've seen......I suppose you deserve it though since you went through 2 dead CPU's, but psht....won't stop me from hatin ya for getting one that'll oc damn near 500MHz over mine :p

Notice the + sign beside it, I'm aiming for beyond 3GHz foo. I've already determined 3GHz isn't even breaking a sweat. :p I'm still running this at 2.5GHz though, I started tweaking around with the memory values and they were giving me some problems so I gave up for a bit.

Ahh, so your going to go the route of a pelt, eh? Just keep a few thigns in mind when doign so, I have a pelt and I believe I desroyed it.

It is two peices of metal, nothing else. In the simplest of explanations, it is two peices of dissimilar metal with a current passed through each of them. No electronics, so how would they break? Damned if I know! But apparently, if you have it on for a few seconds without cooling the hot side, they are very prone to irreversible damage. So make sure you cool the hell out of that thing!

Also gotta insulate the hell out of your motherboard. Your CPU will get DAMN cold with that pelt, far surpassing the amount of cold needed to provide condensation. Make sure to insulate it, going welll over over-kill with the insulation. When it comes to that, there can never be enough insulation.

What is the processor you are OCing? So you got a 500mhz increase no problem? Thats cool, so you should be able to hit some nasty numbers with a pelt. Good luck, make sure to keeep us all updated!

-Mr. Bones

But apparently, if you have it on for a few seconds without cooling the hot side,
Duh....that's one of the first things that they tell you if you do any research on pelts dude....It's just semiconductors on the inside....they fry within seconds....it's like not putting a heatsink on your CPU and saying "Apparently if you dont put on a heatsink you can do irreversible damage to your CPU"

This is why most of the time people tell you to not bother with pelts as they are VERY easy to kill.

Also, gaara already knows of such things as condensation....he was getting into these things before you started posting about wanting to get into extreme cooling.

I dig.

Well, I learned about pelts the hard way. Fried the hell outta mine, oh well. I broke it open, looks cool inside. I was going to take some pics but my camera was dead. It looks really cool though.

OK, here is my updated list:

P4 3.00GHz 800FSB......................................49.031s
P4 2.66GHz 533FSB......................................65.172s
P4 2.60GHz 533FSB......................................63.438s
P4 2.20GHz 533FSB......................................84.938s
P4 1.60GHz 400FSB......................................142.352s
Celeron 533mhz 66.5FSB..............................288.284s

I don't know why the P4 2.60GHz beat the 2.66GHz. I had almost nothing running at the time.

erm, i might be being slighly picky, and it doesnt really matter, but i'd just like to know why my time wasnt put in the ranking on the first post? because i didnt use mod1.4?

im not having a go at anyone here, so dont anyone go accusing me of it.

i'm hitting 36-37s with my cpu, but how do i make a screenshot (sry for the noob q)? i hit print screen but where is the image saved?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom