The summer of 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikon

Baseband Member
Do you guys think it would be beinificial to hold out on my next PC Build until the summer of 2005? the thing is, if i wait until the summer i will spend 1500-2000 on the rig, my current rig is fine playing games, and i assume the parts would be much better, you can see my current setup in my sig, so i dont *really* *need* to build a nother rig, but i wanna try out watercooling :p (note i am 13 so t3h cash flow is slow)

I would wait until 2006. Thats when the big changes will take place. Such as the next generations of cards, Unreal Engine 3, Longhorn, DX10, Pixel Shader 4.0. That is when I am doing my upgrade. No since in spending $2000 in the summer of 2005 if there is going to be such radical changes within a year that it makes it completely obsolete.

P.S. Upgrading your current video card to a 6800 or X800 would be perfect. It would get your PC to 2006 no prob.

My mobo doesn't support PCI-E :-X

edit: actually i should do fine til around then, i hope, since ill only be playing Eq2, WoW, and Gw (witch i can play fine atm)

that sux, i was planning on upgrading late 2005-early 2006. if stuff is JUST coming out it will be so overpriced then...but then again maybe that means i can get a decent 939 setup for a dirt cheap price. i never need the latest and greatest...just something that freaking runs lmao.

lmao i'll probably be 20+ before i get my first car, and it'll be crap cuz' i'll have to buy it. not everyone is made of money...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom