Suggesstions on Heatsink for CPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you 100% sure you installed it correctly, with the fan plugged in and all with thermal paste? That's really odd how you have AC in your case and it still runs that hot w/out overclocking

Yea, they are harder to find, it's a fast seller. Most sites say back order or out of stock. It's stocked right now, on newegg though, for the same price as the Tuniq.

The Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme is definitely the best air cooler but it's quite pricey....

stress-lg.png

Yea most places, I checked, the Tuniq was $5 or more, less than the Ultra-120 extreme. But I wouldn't mind, getting an extreme.

Yea most places, I checked, the Tuniq was $5 or more, less than the Ultra-120 extreme. But I wouldn't mind, getting an extreme.

Remember the extreme doesnt' come with a fan...so you need to add the cost on to that.

But with that said, if I were to go with air cooling I would definitely choose the Extreme 120 as it outperforms the Tuniq Tower significantly

Yea...according to the review, I posted earlier, by as much as 4-7 degrees. Both the Tuniq and Extreme used the same fan. If you get a more powerful fan, you could probably get better results. Lapping would make it, even better.

Yea...according to the review, I posted earlier, by as much as 4-7 degrees. Both the Tuniq and Extreme used the same fan. If you get a more powerful fan, you could probably get better results. Lapping would make it, even better.

probably not, the difference between high and low fan on the TT120 is neglegible, maybe 1-2C at the moment, I certainly don't really notice anything. I just have it on low for the almost-silence ;)

they TR ultra extreme has a similar fin density, do I wouldn't have thought a fan would make a HUGE difference on that either.

lapping does help though, the finish on a stock TT120 is pretty poor really. not seen the finish on a TR yet though, but I have a feeling it is a bit better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom