Such thing as a UV LED?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neon and UV are two different things, Neons use gas to create light, UV/Cathodes use a basic outer layout which allows only a certain spectrum through, red blue green, etc...

Demalii said:
Neon and UV are two different things, Neons use gas to create light, UV/Cathodes use a basic outer layout which allows only a certain spectrum through, red blue green, etc...

specifically, NEON GAS. but these also give off less consistant light but i think they look way cooler when lit since the gas is visible inside the tube rahter than a stick inside it.

if it was plasma inside that tube it would have melted right thru and prob burned you even if you were 10 feet away. its gas not plasma. plasma is superheated gas

ok...good to know...when was plasma ever mentioned?

Nubius said:
ok...good to know...when was plasma ever mentioned?

csw3190 said something about plasma heres the post

right, but they're not "black lights" they flourescent (?). I attended a seminar on plasma (the gas inside the tube) and the electric current flowing through makes it glow. pretty cool actually

csw3190 said something about plasma heres the post
oh ok...I thought you were saying I said it or something I was like lol I'm pretty sure I didn't mention anything about plasma...my mistake

um fluoresent tubes dont use plasma or nething they use a small amount of mercury which vaporises once the electric current is passed through it. Thas y ppl tell u dont break fluoresent tubes, cuz ull get mecury poisening.

yeah I said a gas inside is lit up by the electricity. I wasn't sure of what gas...but it's fun to break em...cause they pop hehehe ::choking::

lol *gags* need... air!!! I love breaking those fluoresent lights... i used to throw 'em in the big trash out back of my dads warehouse

heh yeah I did the same stuff :p Gotta go time for inuyasha! oh man I need to get a life lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom