stupid video card question

Status
Not open for further replies.
at this point in time ocing a 7800gtx would be overkill. It can run anthing you want. sorry I did not answer your question but it is unessesary. Why put your card at risk when you dont need to. Just bust a second one in. ;-)

I wouldn't OC unless your running water. Yes the BFG 7800GTX uses the raised bridge cooling plate which proved to work better than any artic silver 5 compound, but unless your waterblocking the gpu shooting for high mark scores I wouldn't worry about it hence hefemeister said.

Thanx for the replies all. I am just stock and air cooling so I will actually probably leave it alone but thanx for the info. I'll get Rivatuner so that I have the option for OCing if I get bored =) or get better cooling.

zalmanwatercoolingsystem.jpg

ya i have that same exact zalman cooler, its the zalman 1 resorator WC setup, also run an exos 2 for the gpu. zalman provides some really nice fans as well. Check out frozencpu.com or froogle a bit.

I actually have a un-used koolance case with integrated water cooling setup that i bought for 300 new and will sell for 180 free shipping.

I'll also sell my zalman bought new for 230 ill sell for 180 free shipping.

But yes like the other members stated above the zalman fans are really nice if u dont want to water cool yet. Although liquid is the way to go!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom