Stupid Question about Prime95

Status
Not open for further replies.

MADWAD

In Runtime
I've decided to overclock my computer, and it seems Prime95 is good to use when testing for the stability of your computer. So how do i use prime95? I've installed the program but i don't know what to do/ or how to use it.:mad: :confused:

Get StressPrime. It is a GUI for Prime95. It will make it very user friendly.

bah, it's already user friendly.

Big window opens

OPTIONS>TORTURE TEST

Select Large in place FFT's for CPU testing

and Blend mode for CPU and RAM testing.

A little search of each category is pretty much self expanitory

Thanks again Nubius (i checked out extremesystems.com website and found a good overclocking guide by Jarad) Thats the guide i was going to use to O.C, good call? On motherboard monitor my cpu temp comes up 40 idle(case temp 27c), can that be right? (seem really high to me?) But if that is the right temp i really need a better heatsink and fan before i even consider overclocking right?

There's tons of guides on there lol, so I don't know which one in particular you're looking at, but yeah they're all pretty much good lol.

My case is sitting at 28C right now, don't know if it is for you, but it's starting to get hot here these days.

As far as CPU, 40 idle doesn't tell me anything, really need to know load temp, if it's hitting 55C then yeah you need better cooling before you OC.

Idiotec - you dun need 'pretty pictures' This is computer geek stuff maaaaaan! It's gotta look all sophisticated and complicated to scare away n00bs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom