Stupid question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it would be useless, I just wanted to see if I could overclock it, so when I get my new computer I can overclock that.

But anyway, does Cyber Power put locks on overclocking?

Well, another reason to build your own. Check what motherboard comes w/ it, and post it on here. You want a MoBo w/ good OC options in BIOS. And btw, to overclock .5Ghz, you're gonna need some damn good cooling.

if ur neighboor bought the pc from compaq you won't be able to overclock at all, its an oem motherboard (original equipment manufacturer), they lock everything in the bios becuase the computer is usually under waranty and if they didnt lock it you would be able to overclock and risk frying ur cpu, then the company (in this case compaq) would have to supply you with a new cpu.

Counter-Strike said:
Well, another reason to build your own. Check what motherboard comes w/ it, and post it on here. You want a MoBo w/ good OC options in BIOS. And btw, to overclock .5Ghz, you're gonna need some damn good cooling.

Okay, well how well can it overclock with just the standard cooling (the 4400+) if you know? Surely it can go up somewhat.

Also please, does Cyber Power Systems lock the clock speeds at defult?

Honestly, I have never heard of Cyber Power Systems. I doubt they have many OC options, if at all. Better off building one. If you do decide to get one, you can overclock by 200mhz or so. Just watch temps and voltage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom