>>>Stupid Question<<<

Status
Not open for further replies.

<[MaTT]>

[$m] Steele Muffins
I have a 7800 and it has a bigas fan on it which cools it well, but ive had it getting too hot sometimes and i want more cooling specifically for the video card. I noticed on the other side of the card (the side without the fan) it has screw holes that look to be for the dimensions of a standard fan. I wondering if they are for a secondary fan on the video card and whether i could put one there and if it would actually do anything?

I have a 7800 and it has a bigas fan on it which cools it well, but ive had it getting too hot sometimes and i want more cooling specifically for the video card. I noticed on the other side of the card (the side without the fan) it has screw holes that look to be for the dimensions of a standard fan. I wondering if they are for a secondary fan on the video card and whether i could put one there and if it would actually do anything?
I don't know of any cards that make holes so you can add a fan to it.
I'd recommend getting a new cooler. pccasegear has plenty (they are based in Melbourne)
VGA Cooling

I got a Zalman VF900 from there, which fits on the 7800's and 7900's

i think the holes your talking about is for extra heatsinks for the modules in the card, i doubt it :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom