Stuck, need help = /

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewsvalesen

Daemon Poster
Ok ok ok, so I FINALLU got my FSB to 315
315 x 9.5 = 2.9995 mhz.

BUT I had to compromise and I put my ram max to ddr 400. I try raising it back up but it brings my Overclock back down to 210.
I've never been really told on how to overclock my memory. I have no idea how to. They are: Gskill 2 gb (NQ) My CPU is a Brisbane 3600+.

Thanks for the help in advance you guys, you're the greatest.

I just read a few guides in overclocking Ram. It didn't seem to be much help. I still can't bring it back to 533/600/800

Gskill DDR2 800.
Tforce550
Ram settings:
volts 2.05
Timings (auto) (i believe 5-5-5-13)
Set to DDR533

CPU Volts are 1.37
HT X is 3x
Multiplier is 9.5

I have like 1 or 2 questions.
I can easily get 3.4ghz in DDR400, but how much of an impact is that? my 1.9ghz DDR2800 vs. 2.75ghz DDR500 (first oc) vs. 3.4ghz DDR400 (current oc)

I'm trying to test which one is better.
So far:
My 1.9ghz got a 3950 in 3dmark06 (HORRIBLE!)
My 3.4 GHZ ddr4 got a 6831 (MEH.)
My 2.75 ghz (in progress.)

My second question is could my PSU be limiting my Overclock? My computer sometimes when overloaded shutsdown randomly. (I took off cool n quiet. its probably because i didnt tick off 'Shutdown after system failure') This is just something mentioned to me.

P.s Thanks naga for the reply. :] I've been waiting all day! = [

try raising the ram voltage to 2.2V
you can probably run the ram at 533 then. which at 3.4ghz (i think that is 357? external clock/fsb speed. which is a very impressive overclock to say the least), which would give your ram (i think cpu/7...3400/7 = 485)a speed of 485mhz (970mhz effective). those ram, are they HZ's? should run that fast with 2.2V
i find my best performance/stability is to run my cpu at like 2.9 and ram set to ddr2 400, at which speed i can set the timings to 3-3-3-9-1T. its under 400 mhz, but plenty fast. with our amd cpus, the ram latency is more important than raw speed....unless you can get them to clock close to 550mhz (1100mhz) , at which point the speed increase eclipses the loose (5-5-5-15 2T) timings you have to set them at to run them that high.
if you can get the cpu to run at 3.4ghz with stock voltage...even if it takes like 1.45V and temps are okay...BY ALL MEANS run it at that speed and adjust your ram to be stable. most likely you will have to leave it set to 4-4-4-12-2T. or you can try raising the timings to 6-5-5-15-2T and see how far you can push them. if they are HZ, possible to get over 1100mhz.
your 3d06 @ 3.4 is pretty good. what gpu do you use? that benchmark is MUCH more gpu dependent than cpu. i get around 8500 with my sli 7900gs, everything overclocked a bit.
likely it is shutting down randomly because you are overclocked too high. or you dont have enough cpu voltage. or your ram is unstable. or or or lol.
your psu could be the culprit. but, if you are not raising the voltage on too many things at once, it should be okay. what kind is it?
i have a coolmax 550 sli and it works plenty good.

uh........ go to math class and do 315 * 9 again it's not 2.9995 mhz... shouldn't that be 2999.5 mhz or 2.9995 ghz?

DUDE. stfu if you dont know how to help. i obviously knew what he meant, so there isnt a need for you to come in with some random rude a$$ comment.
be useful, or be quiet.

try raising the ram voltage to 2.2V
you can probably run the ram at 533 then. which at 3.4ghz (i think that is 357? external clock/fsb speed. which is a very impressive overclock to say the least), which would give your ram (i think cpu/7...3400/7 = 485)a speed of 485mhz (970mhz effective). those ram, are they HZ's? should run that fast with 2.2V
i find my best performance/stability is to run my cpu at like 2.9 and ram set to ddr2 400, at which speed i can set the timings to 3-3-3-9-1T. its under 400 mhz, but plenty fast. with our amd cpus, the ram latency is more important than raw speed....unless you can get them to clock close to 550mhz (1100mhz) , at which point the speed increase eclipses the loose (5-5-5-15 2T) timings you have to set them at to run them that high.
if you can get the cpu to run at 3.4ghz with stock voltage...even if it takes like 1.45V and temps are okay...BY ALL MEANS run it at that speed and adjust your ram to be stable. most likely you will have to leave it set to 4-4-4-12-2T. or you can try raising the timings to 6-5-5-15-2T and see how far you can push them. if they are HZ, possible to get over 1100mhz.
your 3d06 @ 3.4 is pretty good. what gpu do you use? that benchmark is MUCH more gpu dependent than cpu. i get around 8500 with my sli 7900gs, everything overclocked a bit.
likely it is shutting down randomly because you are overclocked too high. or you dont have enough cpu voltage. or your ram is unstable. or or or lol.
your psu could be the culprit. but, if you are not raising the voltage on too many things at once, it should be okay. what kind is it?
i have a coolmax 550 sli and it works plenty good.

I have NQ's it says the volts on new egg are 1.7-2.0
Ithe max i can go in bios is 2.1

So you are saying that a DDR400 with low timings is =/ to DDR800 with 5-5-5-12 timings?
Another thing I've been trying to find is a way to increase my memory core (like the 800mhz dealio.) I can't find it anywhere. I'll keep looking though, it always shows up sooner or later. I've seen screenies of other bios' but theirs is much more obvious..

thanks for your help so far... ima restart cmos, i have my laptop here though.

Restarted CMOS and whole process. I am now at 333 FSB
I made a mistake the most i went was a 3.3ghz.
3.3ghz is the absolute HIGHEST my cpu can go. If I go 334 it tells me that it has missing files in windows :X.

also, what are good temps for this oc? my bios says it is at 50c but it doesn't feel like it. im touching the heatpipes, the mounting bracket thing, everything. I don't feel a thing. But i can feel hot air coming out.

okay, if that is the recommended voltage, i wouldn't go much over that. i would go up to 2.2V only if you really want to push the loose timing/high frequency set up.
yes, you're right...
my cpu is at 280 external clock and i am running my ram at 3-3-3-9-1T with 2.0-2.1V at a speed lower than ddr2-400 (right now i checked cpuz and it is at 380mhz) will give me similar performance as running them at 5-5-5-15-2T at ddr2 500(ish). the thing is that with tight timings/low speed on your ram you get two benefits:
1: you can ramp your cpu ext clock higher than you can with tight timings/high speed. (you will have to raise cas to 4 before very long, though...likely it will not go too far past 400mhz with latency of 3...i haven't tried too hard on that yet)
2: you retain tight timings that your amd cpu likes so much. if you cant keep it at 3, 4 is definitely better than 5 as far as using it with your cpu.
it jsut depends on how high you can go with your ram. like i said, if you can get ddr2 1100+ with a cas of 5....that is a pretty good speed and a toss up which to use....loose time/high speed (550mhz+ cas 5) vs. tight time/low speed (350-550mhz+ cas 3 or 4). of course, ideally it would be great to run tight time/high speed (550mhz+ cas 4), but that will be difficult if you cant raise your ram voltage past 2.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom