Strange Temp Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryan

Baseband Member
Hey everyone, I recently put in a couple of extra fans for cooling and, when I was monitoring my temperatures, my CPU temp would stay around 30 C at pretty much idle. We've been having a heat wave here, but the temperature in my apartment has not increased that much, but yet I now have a CPU temperature of 35-36 C at idle. I figured it could be just that the temperature in my apartment has increased but I doubt it has changed enough for my CPU to get 5 degrees hotter. Not only that but my Motherboard is sitting at about 25-26 C at idle, whereas before it was at 27-28 C.

Anyone got any ideas about what could be causing this? The air inside my case is pretty cool and it's circulating well, definitely not enough to heat up my CPU. I recently formatted my drive and upgraded Windows XP to Service Pack 2, as well I am also running Windows Firewall. I don't know if that would affect my CPU temperature, I'm only saying this because I noticed that when I run my virus scanner my CPU temp hops up about 3-4 C, so I'm wondering if running the firewall with my Virus Shield would change anything. I'm running Avast! 4.6 Home Edition by the way.

Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks.

How the frack do you come up with the adaware answer? Anyways what are your room temps? If it's 70-80F in there then that sounds about right......

35 degrees? WOW. I'm getting 60 degrees idle :(.

EDIT: Correction 55 degrees with light use(websurfing).

I don't really have any way of checking the temperature inside but I am positive that it's below 80 F, 70 F sounds about right I think... I think that's like 20 C so I'd say that's about right.

It just struck me as odd because only a few days ago my CPU temp was like 5 degrees lower. It's definitely not Adware though. Like I said I JUST formatted my drive and I've got SpySweeper running constantly. I've got an AMD 64 3500+ CPU, incase I haven't disclosed that already.

well humididty and all that comes into effect dont worry about it after the heat passes it wll all be good i have the same problem but my room temps change a lot i have almost the same temps as u but you should be good if u have an intel. u should prolly list ur system specs cause thing change for everything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom