strange colors in HL2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaross

Baseband Member
ok, Im not overclocking anything. My case, im sure has more cooling then needed. some of the reflections every once in a while in CSS will be like purple. other times, items such as trees and dumpsters will be pitch black. other times, everything will be normal. a while ago, when I was playing Far Cry, I got a warning from the ATI drivers saying my core was too hot (it was at 73, i beleve) and that It would underclock my vid card to cool it off. I continued playing far cry withough a problem on the same graphics settings.

whats the deal?

i had this too. i never new how i solved the problem but i changed the resolution in game and messed eveything up. When i changed back i had the purple coloring. When it was upgrade time i changed my VGA and it was gone.

jaross said:
ok, Im not overclocking anything. My case, im sure has more cooling then needed. some of the reflections every once in a while in CSS will be like purple. other times, items such as trees and dumpsters will be pitch black. other times, everything will be normal. a while ago, when I was playing Far Cry, I got a warning from the ATI drivers saying my core was too hot (it was at 73, i beleve) and that It would underclock my vid card to cool it off. I continued playing far cry withough a problem on the same graphics settings.

whats the deal?

This can be caused by alt-tabbing or pressing windows key, or by changing graphics settings and not restarting the game.

The pitch black, happens to everyone, It can happen inbetween map loads.

These are known issues with the Source engine

oh ok, I was alt tabbing all the time to talk to my firend to see which server he was on. I was freeking out because I read in another thread that this can be due to over clocking your videocard past its limit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom