Stock Intel Cooler FTW

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgcook

Fully Optimized
I'm at 3.0GHz right now in Prime for 2 hours...Temps have yet to break 65*C

This is with the stock Intel TIM...I'll be lapping the CPU and cooler soon and using some MX-1

I'm gonna push this baby to the limit.

Oh yeah, Maximus Formula FTMFW

I use the stock Intel cooler and have been very satisfied with its performance. Idling from 20c to 25c isn't bad in my book. I wouldn't gain much from overclocking (FPS tend to be irrelevent when you don't game) so its at stock (and will be, I <3 my warranty).

I use the stock Intel cooler and have been very satisfied with its performance. Idling from 20c to 25c isn't bad in my book. I wouldn't gain much from overclocking (FPS tend to be irrelevent when you don't game) so its at stock (and will be, I <3 my warranty).

Same here. I have better temps with the stock cooler than some people who have the Tuniq, True, Artic Freezer, or whatever. AND, I have it overclocked to 3.2 and am running a lot of voltage through the CPU.

alot depends on temps at the home :cyclopes: its pretty cold at my place... so i'm pumping 1.35v and never getting above about 50c

and jesus, 1.487... do you really need that much to stay at 3.5... thats not good... is it a b3 or something?

and jesus, 1.487... do you really need that much to stay at 3.5... thats not good... is it a b3 or something?

That is what it takes. At 1.475v it will stay stable for about 60-80 hours and then crash. It is a G0, but high VID, so it takes a higher voltage to keep it stable at higher Ghz. If I could be stable at a lower voltage I would, but no such luck. Not worried tho with the low temps. Been running F@H for 2 months straight with no problems. PC stays on 24/7, @ 433 hours since last reboot atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom