Starting Case Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sexual inuendo in the last two or three posts is far too high for my liking. :)

Sorry man, i would come and fix it for you, but you're way the hell in CAnada. I'm in Massachusetts, it takes me 6 hours to get to the border. Never mind to Ontario...

I know you mentioned something of this earlier, but how exactly is everybody cutting the holes in their PSUs? You said flip it over and cut one. Don't they already have fans on them for intake and exhaust?

Wayniac said:
You said flip it over and cut one. Don't they already have fans on them for intake and exhaust?

All power supply's have an exaust but all don't have a intake fan,It's really not hard to cut and put a intake fan in,But more than likely if you PS didn't come with a intake fan it's a cheap one,In all reality it would be better to just go get yourself a decent PS with a couple fan's already built in.

Yeah, it's a pretty good sign of a cheap PSU nowadays if it only has one fan in it. That is almost a surefire way of finding out if the PSU if worth getting or not.

My blowhole was just cut in my case right next to where the intake fan from psu is. I've seen a pretty decent drop in temps with it installed... it makes sure that all the hot air floating around up top - that the psu intake fan can't take care of - is moved outside of my case instead of going back down to the naughty parts.

(still chuckling from Him's sexual inuendo statement.. tee hee)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom