Starting Case Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier2k

Beta member
Hey Everyone,

I've just started modding my PC and looking for advice on things to watch out for and things to be careful of.

Any advice you can give me to not screw up my PC would be greatly appreciated.

I'm sure you seasoned modders out there have some words of advice on what not to do!!

LOL!

:D

Thanks in advance,

Premierk

A nice dremel would prolly want to be one of your first steps.

I in no way am going to say that I am a seasoned modder, but I could offer some advice. Measure twice, cut once. That may sound old and tired, but it is so true. There is nothing worse than cutting a hole, only to realize that it is too big and your case is screwed.

Measure twice, cut once
bah! stole my only words of wisdom.

Basically plan ahead like a beeotch man, that's pretty much what always causes things to go wrong is not doing this.

For tougher materials use a jigsaw or cutting wheel if you got it, because like on my steel thermaltake case, a dremel just doesn't cut it.....literally.

a dremel just doesn't cut it.....literally.

:D

I have a steel antec, most likely it is the same case. Did it cost you $100 w/o a PSU? And it also weighs like a million lbs?

Something like that you dont want to cheap out on. A cheap one would prolly do a hack job, and wear out and die in a short period of time. In my experience, with everything, you get what you pay for. I am all set with buying cheap stuff. Either I buy the expensive good stuff, or I dont buy it at all.

I have a steel antec, most likely it is the same case. Did it cost you $100 w/o a PSU? And it also weighs like a million lbs?
Nah, Thermaltake Xaser V case, it was $75 without a PSU but yeah it's heavy, about 55lbs with everything inside of it....I needed a bigger tower from my previous midtower case so I went full tower, BUT the aluminum ones are expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom