starting case mod business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke

Golden Master
yeah, i have modded a few cases now (4 full mods, and about 3 just minimal mods) and i really really enjoy it, so i have decided to start making a line, and selling them.

I already have the tools, im working on a better work area right now. Will sell them on ebay and list them on some forums (including this one). Depending on how much interest there is in the cases i will probably build more then one of the same case, and also build new ones. I thought up the name for the series already, "beyond" so like the "beyond 110" or "beyond 1100" or something like that. Should be good. Commandercup can probably do me some custom acrylic windows.

Any thoughts? suggestions? advice?

Good luck man, modding is a tough business, and I have a feeling it's not going to be easy to turn a profit. Custom things like case mods aren't a huge market...

You'd be better off doing contract work for people instead of modding cases and then selling them.

^yeah, i had thought a bout that... although if i don't sell many quickly i won't make any more, i already have the tools so the only thing that is costing me is to mod the first case... if i don't sell it i won't make more.

Also keep in mind, a nice case, that's been modded just a bit, Cutting out fan grills, adding a blowhole, adding a nice bulgin switch will be a lot easier to sell than a heavily modded/themed case.

Tasteful will always win against eccentric in terms of global appeal

^yup, the first one is going to be lightly modded, but there is gonna be a limited edition version of it that im going to make first as i really want to make it lol, and it will look awesome when im done.

Good luck! I am too thinking of starting a Custom built pcs here in mexico :D In mexico High end pcs are nowhere to be find in the horizon, so hopefull it will do good.

Hopefully, I am just waiting to collect enough money to start selling them.

We have a house in San diego. Its like 3 miles from my house lol. I live less than 1 mile from the san diego boarder, I live in tijuana, mexico.

So that might explain my bad grammar xD And incase you want to know, yes Spanish is my first language.

Actually right now, I am crossing the boarder daily to go to school in my bicycle lol, thats how close it is.

Also keep in mind, a nice case, that's been modded just a bit, Cutting out fan grills, adding a blowhole, adding a nice bulgin switch will be a lot easier to sell than a heavily modded/themed case.

Tasteful will always win against eccentric in terms of global appeal

thats what mnpctech does

Bill mods custom cases (the crazy ones) for contract work, and stocks/makes some more default (slightly modified) cases on the site.

edit:

about what Aspire said about just doing contract work...

you really have to demonstrate that you are a big player and an experienced craftsman if you want to compete with those super modders... people like Bill Owen, CyberDruid, MkMods, TribalOverkill, Syrillian, iandh etc... (I feel like I'm missing someone big... I can't think of the name ATM though...)

Bill has a video up on utube regarding making money modding cases, you might want to give it a look see. I'd find it for you but I've been laying patio stones all day and am heading to bead in 5 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom