Star Trek Case Mod: "TRICORDER SHEIK"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sanded edges and removed mill trails on the aluminum panels today.

star_trek_computer_pc_case_mod9z9e.jpg

star_trek_computer_pc_case_mod9z9f.jpg

star_trek_computer_pc_case_mod9z9g.jpg

star_trek_computer_pc_case_mod9z9h.jpg

star_trek_computer_pc_case_mod_caption9.jpg

The opinions expressed in this project log are the views of the Modder and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of the parties involved with the project.

Finished 1/8" thick Opaque Red acrylic plates in the mill. They will mount inside the machined aluminum exterior plates, as shown in drawing... I'll mount these this afternoon

star_trek_computer_pc_case_mod9z9a.jpg

star_trek_computer_pc_case_mod4.jpg

I need to stealth the LG's Black Blu-ray Drive they chose for each of the two builds
SATA Model UH12LS28 OEM LightScribe Support - OEM
10X BD-ROM
16X DVD-ROM
4 MB Cache
1/8" thick billet plate to be used for stealthing the drive tray
star_trek_computer_pc_case_mod9z9b.jpg

star_trek_computer_pc_case_mod9z9c.jpg

Fantastic Bill, as always! I especially love that you went old school Star Trek rather than TNG or one of the other series'. I like them all but nothing beats good old James Tiberius Kirk!

The PC is for David Gerrold, screen writer for original series, I'm making 2nd to be given away at Comic-Con!

Finished the four Enterprise inlays for the side panels on both cases last night.

star_trek_computer_pc_case_mod_panel.jpg

star_trek_computer_pc_case_mod_panel2.jpg

star_trek_computer_pc_case_mod_panel3.jpg
'

star_trek_computer_pc_case_mod_panel4.jpg

star_trek_computer_pc_case_mod_panel5.jpg

star_trek_computer_pc_case_mod_panel6.jpg

The trim piece for the Bezel, Hot Swap & Top compartment doors are being laser cut from 1/8" thick Red Opaque Cast Acrylic. We're using a single 75 watt, 24" x 18" Platform "Universal Laser Systems" machine. We use this unit for making retail PC fan and radiator grills. This unit if new, would be priced between $19K - $25K. We don't offer laser cutting as a service, but these guys do! Laser Cutting Service, Inc. offers custom laser cutting to PC builders, modders! hobbyists.

Laser Cutting Service, Inc.
803 41st Street North
Birmingham, Alabama 35212
205-595-7070 FAX 205-595-7021
Laser Cutting Service, Inc. | Birmingham, Alabama - Contact Us

star_trek_computer_pc_case_mod9z9s.jpg

star_trek_computer_pc_case_mod9z9t.jpg

star_trek_computer_pc_case_mod9z9u.jpg

star_trek_computer_pc_case_mod9z9v.jpg

star_trek_computer_pc_case_mod9z9x.jpg

star_trek_computer_pc_case_mod9z9y.jpg

star_trek_computer_pc_case_mod9z9z.jpg

star_trek_computer_pc_case_mod9z9z1.jpg

star_trek_computer_pc_case_mod9z9z2.jpg

Next step is making the "H" frame piece for the lower portion of the bezel, from 1.5" thick aluminum. This will have an engraved "David Gerrold" signature plate (white square, 2nd pic). Each of the cases will have two ICY DOCK MB877SK-B Tray-less Aluminum Body 3.5" SATA I, II & III Mobile Rack Removable Hard Drive adapters, behind a hinged access door (red square, 2nd pic) on the front of the case.

star_trek_computer_pc_case_mod9z9z5.jpg

star_trek_computer_pc_case_mod9z9z6.jpg

By request from David, two ICY DOCK MB877SK-B Tray-less Removable Hard Drive adapters... to store his Scripts? hmmm

star_trek_computer_pc_case_mod9z9z7.jpg

star_trek_computer_pc_case_mod9z9z3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom