Today I worked on the side panel with the factory acrylic window. I removed the window and fitted in a piece of Honeycomb Mesh.
The window is thicker than the mesh so I bent some flat panel nuts to hold the mesh in place.
With the side panel primered I can look for blemishes that might affect the paint finish. I like the looks of the honeycomb mesh instead of the acrylic window.
The side panel was brand new, never used, so it's in good shape. But with primer applied you can see the heads of the recessed window retention nuts.
It wasn't noticeable as a plain alumimun panel but it will be visible painted so I'm going to smooth them out. Using my dremel I grind the area down to produce a slight indentation.
I probably should of used fiberstrand body filler, but it's such a small area I just used a dab of body putty.
I let it dry for about 30 minutes and sanded it down with 600 grit sandpaper.
I primed the panel and sanded it down with 800 grit paper and then I primed and sanded again. It must be magic because I just don't see the blemishes anymore.
And the panel is ready for some paint