Stacker 810 Work Station

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slaymate

Golden Master
Since I have a new case for my Gamer I've decided to use my old CM Stacker at my office. I'm not really sure exactly what I'm going to do to it. I guess I'll be making all the decisions as I go. So far I've decided to paint it completely Black. I have a new side panel with a built-in window, but I don't really like Acrylic. I have a piece of Honeycomb Mesh I'll be using instead. I'll be adding handles, castors, LED fans, all the basics. For the hardware I have a QX9650 with a True 120, Asus P5K Deluxe WiFi, 4GB DDR2 1150 with Thermalright Coolers, EVGA 9800GTX+, 750 watt Modular Power Supply.

So far I've disassembled the chassis, cut a few holes for wire management and started sanding it down.

stacker1.jpg

stacker2.jpg

stacker3.jpg

stacker4.jpg

stacker5.jpg

ooo I'd like to follow this one...should look pretty slick being black...make sure to keep us updated ^_^

Good choice on installing mesh instead. Besides airflow it will look cool if you add some lights. I used to love how my ballistix tracers would shine through the mesh side.

It looks like you blew a mobo in the back there, haha. Big scorch mark. :p

Interested to see how this goes.

Today I worked on the Top Panel pieces. I cut an exhaust hole for a 120mm fan to replace the stock 80mm fan. And for some reason the top had some serious scratches in it. I sanded them down and applied some spot putty to the blemishes. Then I sanded it down smooth again and primed it, more sanding, more priming, again and again. They are now a smooth primer gray just waiting for paint :D

stacker7.jpg

stacker8.jpg

Today I worked on the side panel with the factory acrylic window. I removed the window and fitted in a piece of Honeycomb Mesh.

window1k.jpg

The window is thicker than the mesh so I bent some flat panel nuts to hold the mesh in place.

window2d.jpg

With the side panel primered I can look for blemishes that might affect the paint finish. I like the looks of the honeycomb mesh instead of the acrylic window.

window3epk.jpg

The side panel was brand new, never used, so it's in good shape. But with primer applied you can see the heads of the recessed window retention nuts.

window4l.jpg

It wasn't noticeable as a plain alumimun panel but it will be visible painted so I'm going to smooth them out. Using my dremel I grind the area down to produce a slight indentation.

window5.jpg

I probably should of used fiberstrand body filler, but it's such a small area I just used a dab of body putty.

window6.jpg

I let it dry for about 30 minutes and sanded it down with 600 grit sandpaper.

window7v.jpg

I primed the panel and sanded it down with 800 grit paper and then I primed and sanded again. It must be magic because I just don't see the blemishes anymore.

window8.jpg

And the panel is ready for some paint :D

window9.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom