Stabilizing my OC - Looking for help

Status
Not open for further replies.

smashedpumpkins

In Runtime
It's been a while since I've done any ocing. I've had my computer on default settings for a while and I'm looking to overclock it again. Ive been messing with it lately and here's where I'm at. It's not incredible, but with my cooler it shouldn't be too hard to stabilize it. (Specs are in my signature)

Currently it lasts most of the day, but occasionally it freezes. (I've got 4 games running using a bot) Once I got a blue screen. Both times were when my monitors were off since I wasn't at the PC. Yesterday prime95 ran for only a few minutes. Right now it's been going for about 10 minutes. Max temps are 65's so far. Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do to eliminate to freezing? What do you think I should change? Thanks

3.6125 Ghz
QDR 1700 x 8.5 Multiplier
FSB 1.4v
SPP 1.45v
MCP 1.525v
HT 1.25v
Vcore 1.35v
Ram 800 auto volts (Left it alone)
Timings 5-5-5-15-2T
Temps idle at 48,46,46,47

That's all I've changed.

specpic-JoAro.jpg

This still amazes me how intel can achieve such a higher clock st such a low Vcore. ...

65* is hot @ 3.6g.. (to me at least)

I'm gonna leave this to an intel guru.. But I'd say that the clock you're at, feed the PSU a little more voltage and see how things run. -Remember, I'm AMD.. From my minuscule experience, freezing is from the processor being hot, so one would thing More Vcore would make things hotter.....

Yeah I had a feeling it might be a little hot. And actually while playing my bots I pushed up to 74,68,72,71 temps... Not sure why mines running so hot. I'll play with the Vcore like you said, but I assume that'll make it higher? Is there anything else I can up instead? Or any ideas?

have you tried re-seating the cooler, and are you sure you applied the "correct" amount of paste.
(TX-2 and AS-5 need different amounts)

also,..what is your room temps

If it's running hotter than usual and you've changed nothing then a good cleaning may help. Next I would check all my fans for proper operation (noise level, is it spinning smooth or does it seem to wobble, etc..) and replace any I find bad. If it's been along time since you've pulled the heatsink off then the thermal paste maybe degraded and need replacing. While the heatsink is off check the base for a smooth level surface, you may need to lap it as I've seen various bases warp from high heat.

Also, there is a newer version of RealTemp out that maybe more accurate than the version your using.
Real Temp - CPU temperature monitoring

Dang after reapplying the paste with just a dot and smearing it with a credit card I'm already running about 15 degrees cooler. I'll try upping the vcore a knotch now and see if I have any issues.
Eh it runs 5 degrees hotter with Real Temp 3.00 lol

^ I use HW Monitor.. Small program to keep on the other monitor during games..

I was going to suggest reapplying the past, but I don't know much about Intel and I didn't wanna hog the thread..... Leave this one to the pros.. LOL..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom