Stability problems with existing overclock

Status
Not open for further replies.

FuriousYellow

Baseband Member
I have had my computer (specs in signature) overclocked since the spring with no issues whatsoever with stability. Yesterday, I decided to clean my case with compressed air, and what do you know, my computer wont stay stable for more than a few minutes. Sometimes it wont even fully boot windows before freezing. Freezing seems to be the only thing its doing, there are no blue screens or reboots. I ran MemTest86+ successfuly so I dont think its the ram. I can run the computer fine at 200x11, which is what I am using right now while typing this. This is very strange, as nothing is loose inside, I removed every component, checked them for dust or damage, it all looked good, and i put it all back together. The overclock used to be 100% stable, tested with Prime95 running days on end. PLZ help!

Nobody knows what this could be from?

Is it possible for hardware to over time lose its ability to be overclocked?

No, there are no BSODs and no spontaneous reboots, just freezing. I idle around 36C and under load I only get up to about 41C. My case temps are usually around 35C

I would start overrclocking again. Using small increments. And check all cables, cards etc. You might have touched something.

When you cleaned with the compressed air, how far away was the bottle from the computer parts? if you hold the very edge of the jet of air to your hand and spray, see what happens. water will start to form in the palm of your hand. so if you got it too close to the computer when cleaning it out you could have created a tiny drop of moisture (or worse a big drop) and gotten it on something.

chances are you didn't, and maybe you just got something really cold that was runnning warm at the time (extreme temperature changes will effect overclock alot). If the air from the can was cold enough it could have messed with sumthin on your board and made it not so overclocking friendly. try burning in on stock settings for a while and heating the rig back up...then try overclockign again. i think that will solve your problem.

i never used compressed air for temperature reasons, and the small amount of condensation that forms if you get it too close or hold it over one spot too long. i just use a leaf bloser:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom