AS SSD/HDD Benchmark Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ASUS G73JH
Intel X25-M 80GB

as-ssd-benchINTELSSDSA2M08042920101.png

ASUSG73JHSSD.jpg

:big_grin:

i've got a vertex 2 on the way with my gtx 480 when it finally comes in stock so should get a decent score from that.

Intel X25-V 40GB

Interesting thread so I signed up to post my results.
First ran the benchmark without any tweaks and got:
as-ssd-benchINTELSSDSA2M04012052010.png

Then I ran the Intel SSD Optimizer and got:
as-ssd-benchINTELSSDSA2M04012052-1.png

Then I ran the SSD Tweak Utility and only got about 230 (sorry no screenshot), all read speeds were lower then before (about 150 Seq and 90 for 4K-64Thrd)??

I then ran the Intel SSD Optimizer again and now have my best result:
as-ssd-benchINTELSSDSA2M04012052-2.png

Well I'm pleasantly surprised. I last ran this benchmark 2 months ago after a fresh install of Windows 7 and I scored a 205. I've only lost 2 points since then :thumbsup:

oczbench203.jpg

Yes it has TRIM enabled. I was just a little surprised because when I 1st got it, and had TRIM enabled, I lost about 30 points after installing all of my software. I was expecting a score around 175, but I'll take the 203 :D

^does that drive have TRIM? if so, then it should not lose much performance at all.
It's at 99% of original performance. SSDs will always have some degradation, but 99% is well within allowable amounts (obviously). When TRIM firmware were first released Anand mentioned that TRIM makes a drive anywhere in the 90% range of new performance, but not 100%.

I just got an AHCI controller for my drive, so I'm going to make a new run and see how much change I have.

I just got an AHCI controller for my drive, so I'm going to make a new run and see how much change I have.

I'm curios to see how much of a difference ACHI makes as well. The ICH9 south bridge on my current board doesn't support ACHI which killed any upgrade plans I had for this system.

I ran a quick test last night after running SSD Toolbox and scored a 262. My drive is 2/3 full, so I'm not sure if that's having a big impact. I'm still at 85% of new condition, so not too bad, but still lower than I'd like. Honestly, AHCI runs a tad bit slower, but does enable some features. For example, SSD Toolbox tools wouldn't even run before the drive was running on the AHCI controller. Ironically, CDI showed TRIM enabled before, and disabled now. Not that I put a lot of trust in that app, but it's still interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom